- 0.33 linear feet
- The first store in Haycock (Bucks County, Pa.), and the only store for the latter half of the 19th century, was the Frankenfield Store. It was built in 1868 by Henry Frankenfield and carried on by family members including M. D. Frankenfield, Abel Frankenfield, John Bergstresser, E. A. Frankenfield, and A. H. Frankenfield. The store ceased operations in the early 1900s, but a post office continued at the location until 1948. The Frankenfield family ledgers and school books, 1846-1894, consist of six ledgers from the Frankenfield store (1890-1894), eight penmanship books from Sarah Frankenfield (circa 1870), and one ciphering book from Sarah Frankenfield's father-in-law, Jeremiah Ott (1846).
Held at: Haycock Historical Society [Contact Us]