- 81.0 linear feet ((60 boxes of records in the basement make up the bulk of the collection (75 linear feet)))
- The Glen Foerd estate was built circa 1850 by Charles Macalester and was later purchased by Robert H. Foerderer, Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives and leather manufacturer. His daughter, art collector Florence Tonner, bequeathed Glen Foerd to the Lutheran Church of America with the caveat that the estate would revert to public ownership if the Lutheran Church was unable to care for it. That happened in 1988, and the Glen Foerd Conservation Corporation was established as a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and restoration of Glen Foerd. The Glen Foerd Conservation Corporation records, 1963-2006, is made up of financial records, correspondence, fundraising records, event records, and membership records, mostly dating from 1985 to 2004. There are also a large number of photographs, videos, and slides; and a small amount of legal records.
Held at: Glen Foerd on the Delaware [Contact Us]