- 150.0 linear feet
- Built in 1767 in the Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Cliveden served as the home of the Chew family for over 200 years and played a key role in the Revolutionary War Battle of Germantown in 1777. In 1972, the estate was donated by the family to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, becoming Cliveden of the National Trust. Cliveden of the National Trust records, 1809-2015 (bulk 1972-2015), consist of materials that document the administration of Cliveden of the National Trust as a historic site, and include administrative files, collection records, reference files, archeological files, buildings and grounds files, program files, grant files, National Trust for Historic Preservation files, board files, education files, Education Director files, oversized materials, audio and visual materials, and other documents.
Held at: Cliveden of the National Trust [Contact Us]