- 1.0 linear feet
- The North Penn Mission (Colored), primarily catering to African American inhabitants of the neighborhood now known as the Strawberry Mansion section of Philadelphia, was established around 1860. The congregation was renamed Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Episcopal Church in 1875, with the construction of a new church building. Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Church was discontinued in 1944. The Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Church records, 1873-1944, consist of member lists, marriages, and baptisms, as well as a bound volume of Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Episcopal Church newsletters, and a few other documents.
Held at: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]