- 19.0 linear feet
- Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society subject files, 1787-2012, document Plymouth and Whitemarsh local history including people, families, buildings and locales, events, and organizations. Most of the materials are secondary-source, such as newspaper clippings, photocopies, research notes, pamphlets, and ephemera with a small amount of original, primary source documents.
Held at: Plymouth Meeting Historical Society [Contact Us]