- 4.2 linear feet
- The Lower Merion Historical Society real estate collection, 1916-2008, is an assembled collection that contains advertisements, tax records, deeds, newspaper clippings, maps, and blueprints. The core of the collection was donated by James T. Shilcock (1919-2011), owner of Shilcock Realty Company, and the Lower Merion Historical Society has since added to it. The township of Lower Merion in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was first settled by Welsh Quakers in 1682. It is part of the "Main Line," a collection of affluent Philadelphia suburbs located alongside the Pennsylvania Railroad line that was built between Philadelphia and Harrisburg in the mid-19th century.
Held at: Lower Merion Historical Society [Contact Us]