- 12.0 linear feet
- New London Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania was chartered in 1723 and originally included the areas that now comprise adjacent Franklin Township and nearby London Britain Township. The New London Academy opened in 1743 and was responsible for educating a number of prominent colonial, revolutionary, and early American-era politicians, historians, clergy, and educators, including three signers of the Declaration of Independence. The New London Area Historical Society local history collection, 1711-2000 (bulk 1970-2000), consists of a mix of primary and secondary-source material relating to the history and residents of New London Township and nearby areas. Materials include manuscripts, property files, photographs, slides, newspaper clippings, subject files, and a small amount of records from various New London historical organizations.
Held at: New London Area Historical Society [Contact Us]