- 5.0 linear feet
- The Highlands Mansion was originally built for Anthony Morris (1766-1860), a lawyer and politician who served as speaker of the Pennsylvania Senate from 1793-1794. The estate was occupied by the Sheaff family from 1813-1917, when it was sold to the Sinkler family. The Sinkler family donated the remaining estate to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, which took ownership in 1970, and it is now administered by the non-profit Highlands Historical Society. The Highlands Historical Society architectural drawings collection, 1917-1999, consists of blueprints and architectural drawings of The Highlands estate and grounds. The bulk of the collection is of the landscape/grounds of the property, and the vast majority were commissioned by the Highlands Historical Society, although some were commissioned by the Sinkler/Roosevelt family.
Held at: Highlands Historical Society [Contact Us]