- 11.0 linear feet
- Both Tredyffrin and Easttown townships in the Upper Main Line area and eastern Chester County, Pennsylvania were settled by Welsh Quakers in 1682; they were incorporated in 1707 and 1704, respectively. Predominantly farming communities for most of their histories, commercial and residential development in both townships accelerated with the construction of the "Main Line" Pennsylvania Railroad Line in the 1830s and burgeoned after World War II. The Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society manuscripts collection, 1732-2010, includes various small accumulations of materials from local individuals, businesses, and organizations in the area of Tredyffrin and Easttown townships. Minute books, financial records, genealogy and local history research materials, school records, correspondence, and other family papers and organizational records are represented.
Held at: Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society [Contact Us]