- 2.0 linear feet (; 5 boxes, 1 volume)
- In 1813, at Fort Mifflin, Pennsylvania, a group of men met to form a fraternal organization that they called the Society of Red Men. The name was changed to The Improved Order of Red Men in 1834. This collection, assembled by Louis H. Hollis, documents the creation of the work the
History of the Improved Order of Red Men by Morris H. Gorham and William G. Hollis (Philadelphia, 1884). It dates primarily to the early to late 1800s and includes Gorham's manuscripts, minute books of a few East Coast chapters of the order, membership records, account books, a scrapbook, and miscellaneous papers.
Held at: Historical Society of Pennsylvania [Contact Us]