- 0.4 linear foot
- In 1948, the Council of the Graduate School at the University of Pennsylvania approved the establishment of a Group Committee in Classical Archaeology. It was discovered years later that this committee had never been approved formally by the Board of the Trustees of the University. But a de facto graduate program had been established, and in 1975 the "Pritchard Committee" recommended to Dean Gregorian that Classical Archaeology be recognized as a graduate group, to consist of the four classical archaeologists already on staff, plus additional members from other groups. The records of the Mediterranean Section, Classical Archaeology Department (CLARC)consist of one archival box of twelve folders. The material is divided into two series, Correspondence and Administration.
Held at: University of Pennsylvania: Penn Museum Archives [Contact Us]