- 24.3 linear feet
- Henry Cope purchased 40 acres of land in East Germantown, Pennsylvania in 1852 where he built a home for his growing family. Over the next 70 years, his descendants build 24 houses representing a variety of architectural styles. A portion of this land, now known as the Awbury Arboretum, was left to the City Parks Association in 1916 to protect it from development. The Awbury Arboretum Association records, 1868-2011, includes administrative records, financial records, and research compiled by Awbury Arboretum staff. There are also a large number of transcribed oral histories included in this collection.
Held at: Awbury Arboretum [Contact Us]