- 2.5 linear feet
- The Carson Valley School opened in 1918 as the Carson College for Orphan Girls with funding from Philadelphia streetcar tycoon Robert N. Carson. Around the time of the school's 75th anniversary, Chestnut Hill College professor David R. Contosta was commissioned to research the history of the school and write the book
Philadelphia's Progressive Orphanage: The Carson Valley School. The David R. Contosta research files on Carson Valley School, 1992-1995, are comprised of research notes, copies of scholarly and newspaper articles, copies of school records, and other materials compiled by Contosta while writing his book.
Held at: Springfield Township Historical Society (Montgomery County, Pa.) [Contact Us]