- 0.4 linear feet (1 box)
- Compagnie de Commerce de Lorraine was founded by Duke Leopold of Lorraine in 1724, with Regard d'Aubonne as director general and Claude Regnault among its other directors, and dissolved by the 1760s. One purpose of the company was to protect commerce in the duchy from the French economic crisis precipitated by the inflation and crash of the stock of John Law's Compagnie des Indes. These 31 files include a few printed documents pertaining to the establishment of the Compagnie and numerous account calculations and documents concerning the liquidation of the Compagnie.
Held at: University of Pennsylvania: Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts [Contact Us]