- 10 cubic feet
- One of the oldest of its kind in North America, the School of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania is the only veterinary school in the United States that was a direct outgrowth of the University's School of Medicine. It was founded in 1882 when University Trustee Joshua Bertram Lippincott donated $10,000 for the purpose of establishing veterinary school within the University. The Historical Material series records the school in its formative stage. It features minute books for the Board of Managers, 1889-1954, for the faculty, 1909-1963, and for alumni societies, 1901-1960. The Administration series constitutes the bulk of the collection. Included in it are a biographical data file of faculty members and prominent alumni.
Held at: University of Pennsylvania: University Archives and Records Center [Contact Us]