- 1.2 linear feet (3 document boxes)
- The Francis Clark Wood Institute for the History of Medicine (Wood Institute) was established in 1976 to promote to the scholarly community the rich historical resources of the College's historical library and the Mütter Museum. From its founding, the Wood Institute also took over printing and editorial duties of the College's journal, Transactions and Studies, which was published in 1793 and from 1844 to 2002. As of 2019, the Wood Institute sponsors conferences, occasional seminars, and short-term travel grants to researchers who require the resources of the museum and library.
The Records of Francis Clark Wood Institute for the History of Medicine (Wood Institute) date from 1979 to 2004 and are divided into three series: Administration, Programs, and Travel grants & Fellows.
Held at: Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia [Contact Us]