- 3 boxes and 2.525 linear feet
- Incorporated as The Melody Company by Abraham Meyers in 1911, the firm was purchased in 1967 by Princeton alumnus Charles H. Rose (Class of 1950) and his wife. By offering comic strips--the plates for printing them--to small newspapers, the firm was able to secure advertising space, which it sold to national advertisers seeking wider, more regional coverage. Advertisers knew the firm as The Meyers List; newspapers knew it as International Cartoons Limited. The company was dissolved on 20 March 1997, and its printing plates were distributed to various museums and repositories, including Princeton University. Consists of assorted records of the American Melody Company and its corporate aliases (Meyers List Inc. and International Cartoons Limited), including minute and stock books, corporate seals, scrapbooks of cartoon strips, copies of contracts with advertisers, trademark registrations, and dissolution documents.
Held at: Princeton University Library: Manuscripts Division [Contact Us]