- 0.15 linear ft. (1 volume)
- The Friends' Reading Room Association was founded in 1835, and dissolved in 1842. Its Constitution, included in the minutes, states its purpose: "An Institution in a central part of the city, which shall be furnished with a judcious selection of books, maps and periodical publications, calculated to promote moral and religous improvement, a knowledge of the principles and history of the Society of Friends and an acquiantance with the arts, science and general literature." This volume contains the minutes of the Friends' Reading Room Association, from 1835 - 1842, from the organization of the association, until its resolution and a register of members of the Western District Monthly Meeting, Philadelphia, from 1814 - 1886.
Held at: Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections [Contact Us]