- 2.75 linear feet
- John Wagner and Sons, Inc. began in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1847 as a cigar importing business, but soon added wines, teas, and spices to its list of imports. Later on, the company expanded into the specialty food market. The Wagner family sold the business in 1950 and it changed hands a few more times until 2000, when it was purchased by Williams Foods, Inc., which as of 2014, still sells Wagner's brand products. The John Wagner and Sons, Inc. records, 1772-1990 (bulk 1847-1980), consist primarily of documents relating to John Wagner and Sons, including financial ledgers and receipts, photographs, letters, delivery records, property documents, price lists, product labels, publicity materials, employee records, and other materials. Also present in the collection is a small amount of materials that pre-date the business.
Held at: Philadelphia History Museum [Contact Us]