- 82 linear ft.
- Pendle Hill is a Quaker study center located in Wallingford, Pennsylvania. It was established in 1930 out of an earlier Quaker school and study center, the Woolman School. The Woolman School was established in 1915 under the care of the General Conference Committee of the Seven Yearly Meetings (Hicksite). In 1917, it was reorganized as a joint enterprise of Hicksite and Orthodox Friends, governed by a Board of Managers. The Woolman School was incorporated in 1918. In 1928, it was reorganized as a non-degree granting graduate level study center and retreat. In 1930, the name was changed to Pendle Hill, and it moved to its present location. In addition to offering classes and lectures, Pendle Hill publishes pamphlets and other writings on religious and social concerns.
Held at: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]