- 30 linear feet (50 document boxes, 37 volumes, 9 oversize items)
- Established in 1788, the Library of the College of Physicians served as Philadelphia's central medical library for over 150 years, serving medical schools, hospitals, physicians and other health professionals. Today, it is an independent research library devoted to the history of medicine and serves hundreds of scholars, health professionals, students and popular writers each year. The College of Physicians of Philadelphia Library records (1882 to 2005) extensively documents the administration of the College Library, as well as its public services and functions. The collection contains the papers of several librarians, curators, and other library staff, including Andrea Kenyon, Marjorie Smink, Elliott Morse, and Anthony Aguirre. The collection largely comprises correspondence, reports and records, and the bulk of the material dates from 1953 to 2007.
Held at: Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia [Contact Us]