- 0.5 linear feet
- Joseph Waln Ryerss built Burholme as his summer house in 1859, and upon his death he left it to his son, Robert Waln Ryerss (1831-1896). Robert's will stipulated that Burholme could be occupied by his wife, Mary Ann, but should eventually be turned over to the City of Philadelphia. The Ryerss Museum and Library was opened to the public in 1910 under the administration of the Fairmount Park Commission. The Burholme Mansion architectural drawings, 1978-1980, comprise approximately 40 architectural and shop drawings for a restoration of Burholme Mansion.
Held at: Ryerss Museum and Library [Contact Us]