- 1.25 linear ft. (3 boxes)
- Established in 1938 by the New York Monthly Meetings (Hicksite and Orthodox) at the 20th Street meeting house, the New York Friends Center was created initially to provide a meeting place for Quakers and to serve as a Quaker information and reception center in New York City. Lectures and social events were held. Sponsorship of service projects began in the 1940's. In November 1962, the American Friends Service Committee assumed responsibility for the programs of the New York Friends Center. The records document the activities and events of the New York Friends Center and consist of minutes, financial records, correspondence, newsletters and newspaper clippings, particularly of the Hiroshima Maidens Project, 1955 – 1956.
Held at: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]