- 6.25 linear ft. (20 boxes)
- The Peace Action Center began in 1961 as a continuation of the vigil at Fort Detrick, Md. Peace activists had sponsored a continuous vigil as early as 1959 seeking the abandonment of biological weapons and appealed for the conversion of the fort into a world health center. The Peace Action Center included cooperative living quarters for the staff of religious pacifists, mostly Quakers. PAC staff including Lawrence Scott, director, and Jack L. Bagley, Sarah Bishop, Florence Y. Carpenter, Bertha Faust, William R. Martin, Gelston McNeil, and Patricia Parkman. The PAC disbanded in the fall 1963.
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]