- .2 linear feet (1 box)
- The Hall Committee of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia was first appointed in 1863. It was charged with the maintenance and rental of the College building on 13th and Locust Streets and, later, on 19 South 22nd Street. The committee hired and supervised the College's Superintendent and was also responsible for the preservation of the building's furniture and, until the appointment of the Committee on College Collections, artwork. By 1913, these duties were performed by the Superintendent. By 1972, the oversight of the Superintendent had fallen under the jurisdiction of the Executive Director with whom the Hall Committee worked. In 1973, the name of the committee was changed to the "Hall and Grounds Committee." In 1990, the duties of this committee were assumed by the Committee on Administration.
The Records of the Hall and Grounds Committee span he years December 1967 through 1977. Included in this collection are meeting agendas and minutes, correspondence relating to the...(see more)
Held at: Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia [Contact Us]