- 2.75 linear feet
- Salem Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1835, and re-located to Lombard and Juniper Streets in 1841. It merged with Western Methodist Episcopal Church to form Methodist Episcopal Church of the Covenant in 1894, located at 18th and Spruce Streets. Church of the Covenant Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. Most of the Church of the Covenant Methodist Church records, 1834-1945 and 1995, are Salem Methodist Episcopal Church registers and minutes (First Leaders, trustees, and Quarterly Conference). Records from Western Methodist Episcopal Church and Church of the Covenant Methodist Church are also present.
Held at: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]