- 1.25 linear ft. (3 boxes)
- The Ladies Benevolent Association of New Brighton was a largely Quaker women's society, founded in 1846 in New Brighton, Pennsylvania, to provide clothing and other necessities to destitute poor. In 1907, the Ladies Benevolent Association cooperated with groups to engage a visiting nurse; this organization, known as the District Nurse Association was disbanded five years later. After World War II, the need for sewing declined, and the Ladies Benevolent Association then turned its support to the Beaver Valley General Hospital. The group was dissolved in 1977. Contains the records of the Ladies Benevolent Association of New Brighton, including minutes, financial records, correspondence, and other related papers, including minutes of the District Nurse Association of New Brighton, Pa., 1907-1912.
Held at: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]