- 1.5 linear ft. (1 box and 3 volumes)
- The primary activity of the Friends' Publishing Corporation is Friends Journal, a Quaker periodical. The latter was the successor to The Friend, the serial published by the Orthodox Quakers (1827-1955) and Friends Intelligencer, published by the Hicksite Quakers (1844-1955). It was established as a result of the merger of the two Philadelphia Yearly Meetings, and the first consolidated issue was dated July 2, 1955. Originally published weekly and then bi-weekly, it became a monthly periodical in 1988.
Held at: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]