- 1.1 linear feet (2 document boxes, 1 small document box, 1 volume, 4 film reels)
- The Babies' Hospital of Philadelphia opened in 1911 in Wynnefield, PA, at the Country Branch of Children's Hospital. The hospital had limited wards to house its patients and the staff hosted pre-and post-natal clinics for mothers, though the physicians of the Babies Hospital largely emphasized treatment in the home.
The records of the Babies' Hospital of Philadelphia, spanning from 1911-1960, contain annual reports, newsletter pamphlets, benefit matinee programs, material related to H. Lea Hudson for both the Babies' Hospital of Philadelphia and the Fife-Hamill Memorial Health Center for Southeast Philadelphia, corporate reports, photographs, and film.
Please be aware that the Library does not have the required hardware for viewing photographic negatives or 16mm film.
Held at: Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia [Contact Us]