- 2.1 linear feet
- Henry Butler Allen (1887-1962) was a metallurgical and mechanical engineer and served as Director of the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from 1935 until 1947. During World War II, Allen served on the National Defense Research Committee (NDRC) in the Armor and Ordnance Division. The Henry Butler Allen papers, 1924-1959 (bulk 1933-1959), consist of materials produced as part of or relating to Allen's duties at Director and Secretary of the Franklin Institute in the 1930s, as well as materials related to work he conducted during World War II for the National Defense Research Committee in Philadelphia and England.
Held at: The Historical and Interpretive Collections of The Franklin Institute [Contact Us]