- 2.5 linear feet
- Yardley Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, was settled in 1682 by Quaker minister William Yeardley, who purchased a tract of land from William Penn. Following the completion of the Bristol-New Hope section of the Delaware Canal in 1831, new commerce and trade poured into the town, then called "Yardleyville." The town continued to grow following the completion of the New York branch of the railroad in 1876 that included a nearby station. Yardley was incorporated as a borough in 1895. The Yardley Borough records, 1895-1967, include scattered administrative and financial records of the Borough, as well as records from the Borough Planning and Zoning Commission and Board of Health.
Held at: Yardley Historical Association [Contact Us]