- 1.0 linear feet
- Incorporated by William Wagner (1796-1885) in 1855, the Wagner Free Institute of Science is a natural history museum and educational institution in Philadelphia that is dedicated to providing free public education in the sciences. The
Annual Announcement was published every August from 1855 to 1927 and then from 1959 until the present. From 1927-1958, it was issued each year as no. 3 of the
Bulletin of the Wagner Free Institute of Science. It is still being published and has been little changed over the years. The
Annual Announcement generally includes a list of the trustees and faculty, the history of the Wagner Free Institute of Science, and a description of the types of instruction including specific lectures that were offered. The
Annual Announcement of the Wagner Free Institute of Science collection contains copies of this publication from 1855 to 1927, 1959-2009. The collection is arranged chronologically.
Held at: Wagner Free Institute of Science [Contact Us]