- 5.0 linear feet
- Methodist Episcopal Union Church was formed in 1801 at 4th and Arch Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by a group that split off from St. George's Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1887 West Park Avenue Chapel merged into the Church, and soon after the Union congregation moved to a new building designed by noted Philadelphia architects Hazelhurst & Huckel at 20th and Diamond Streets. Union Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. The Methodist Episcopal Union Church records, 1801-1945, include membership and vital records, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference records, financial papers, reports, mortgages and property-related records, pamphlets and ephemera, correspondence, photographs, cemetery records, and other documents.
Held at: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]