- 3.0 linear feet
- Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church in the Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia was established in 1970 as a merger of Chelten Avenue United Methodist Church (founded as Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church in 1886) and Trinity United Methodist Church (organized as Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church in 1900). The merged congregation met in the Chelten Avenue church building until it was discontinued in 2004. The Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church records, 1891-2004, are largely composed of records from Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, although some materials relate to Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church or the merged congregation. It includes Quarterly Conference records, trustee minutes, official board minutes, administrative board and council minutes, Charge Conference materials, membership and vital records (marriages, baptisms, funerals), and a small amount of financial documents, church histories, photographs, and other materials.
Held at: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]