- 5.0 linear feet
- Cambria Street Methodist Episcopal Church in the Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was founded in 1868. In 1889, the church accepted funding from the Annual Conference to build a new church building on condition that the church be renamed Simpson Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church in memory of Bishop Matthew Simpson. Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2012. The Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1868-2012, consist mainly of membership records, board minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, and Charge Conference minutes. There are also small amounts of building-related records, ephemera, flyers, pamphlets, and a few photos. Some of the records have been microfilmed.
Held at: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]