- 1.0 linear feet
- Penningtonville Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1853 in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Penningtonville became a borough in 1876 and changed its name to Atglen, at which point the church changed its name to Atglen Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1997, Atglen United Methodist Church and nearby Gap United Methodist Church merged, creating Asbury Community United Methodist Church, which met at the Atglen location until it was discontinued in 2002. The Atglen United Methodist Church records, 1920-2000, consist primarily of trustee minutes (1932-1995) and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths, (1920-1987), with a small amount of board minutes, annual budgets, cemetery records, newspaper clippings, church history, and a building sketch.
Held at: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]