- 1.25 linear feet
- Around 1872 or 1873, the congregation of Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church in Sadsbury Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania decided to build a new church in nearby Gap, PA, where the population was larger, and change its name to Gap Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1997, Gap United Methodist Church and nearby Atglen United Methodist Church merged to establish Asbury Community United Methodist Church, holding meetings at the Atglen location in Chester County, PA. The Gap church building was sold in 2000 and Asbury Community United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2002. The Gap United Methodist Church records, 1871-1992, consist primarily of Official Board minutes, 1914-1990, and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths, 1902-1992. Also included are some Charge Conference records, Quarterly Conference records, Board of Trustees minutes, and membership directories. A small amount of records relate to Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church.
Held at: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]