- 4.0 linear feet
- Established in 1790 and incorporated in 1855, the Phoenix "works" produced nails, railroad rails, Civil War cannons, and structural steel. Among its well known products were the Griffen Gun, 1861, and the Phoenix Column, 1862. In the 1860s the Phoenix Bridge Company was created as a separate division. The Phoenix works closed in 1987. The Phoenix Iron Company records, 1879-1985, include employee records, utility usage readings, stockholder minutes, correspondence, specifications and work orders, financial papers, contracts, shipping postcards, annual reports, and various other company records.
Held at: Historical Society of the Phoenixville Area [Contact Us]