- 4.5 linear feet
- The Malvern Public Library was founded in Malvern, Chester County, Pennsylvania as the Malvern Public Library and Reading Room Association in 1894, supported by the Malvern Friends Library Company. The Association changed its name to the Malvern Public Library in 1899 when it received its charter and certificate of incorporation. The Malvern Public Library became associated with Malvern Borough in 1912 and a part of the Chester County Library System in 1964. The Malvern Public Library is still operational as of 2015. The Malvern Public Library records, 1873-2004 (bulk 1926-1989), consist of minute books, circulation records, financial records, other administrative papers, photographs, and various other materials from the Malvern Public Library and its predecessor organizations, the Malvern Library Company and the Malvern Public Library and Reading Room Association.
Held at: Malvern Historical Commission [Contact Us]