- 0.5 linear feet
- Phil Kearney Post No. 1 of the Grand Army of the Republic was established in Newark, New Jersey in 1866. A Ladies Aid auxiliary, Kearney Circle No. 1, was organized in 1880 to help prepare for a fair, and continued until at least 1951. The Records of the Ladies' Auxiliary to Phil Kearney Post No. 1, Grand Army of the Republic, circa 1929-1951, includes: four minute books, 1929-1951; membership proposition book, circa 1920s-1940s; correspondence with and histories of other circles, circa 1930s-1950s; and printed song booklets.
Held at: Grand Army of the Republic Civil War Museum and Library [Contact Us]