Collection of John Melchior Ogden papers
Held at: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania 19081
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
John Ogden (1791-1882) was a Quaker builder and architect of Philadelphia. He was a founder or member of many local charitable organizations, including the Apprentices' Library, the Carpenters Company, and the House of Refuge. His brother, Jesse (1786-1864) was also a Philadelphia Quaker. His son, Charles Smith, published his memorial.
Source of acquisition--Carmen D. Valentino. Method of acquisition--Purchased from; Date of acquisition--1995.
- House of Refuge (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Carpenters' Company of the City and County of Philadelphia
- Green Street Monthly Meeting of Friends (Philadelphia, Pa.). Fair Hill Friends' Meeting -- : Pictorial works.
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
- Access Restrictions
This collection is available for research use.