Swarthmore National Bank and Trust Company Board of Directors Minutes
Held at: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania 19081
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Swarthmore National Bank and Trust Company was founded in 1904 in Swarthmore, Pa., as Swarthmore National Bank. It was first located in Swarthmore Borough Hall, but in 1905 moved to its new home on the corner of Chester Road and Rutgers Avenue. In 1926, a Beaux Arts building replaced the earlier structure.
In 1928, the name was changed to Swarthmore National Bank and Trust Company. In 1953, the Bank merged with The First National Bank of Media to become The First National Bank of Delaware County, Media, Pa.
Contains the minutes of the Board of Directors of Swarthmore National Bank and Trust Company, Swarthmore, Pa., from 1946 to its consolidation with The First National Bank of Media in 1953.
Bound into two volumes: July 30, 1946-July 31, 1951 and August 14, 1951-June 23, 1953.
- Swarthmore National Bank (1904-1928)
- Swarthmore National Bank and Trust Company (1928-1953)
- Provident Trust Company of Philadelphia
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
- Finding Aid Author
- FHL staff
- Finding Aid Date
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Use Restrictions
Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce items in this collection beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder or their heirs/assigns. See http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC-RUU/1.0/.