William Webb Price Papers
Held at: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania 19081
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
William Webb Price (1892-1961) was a Quaker architect, teacher, and actor, of Rose Valley, Pennsylvania.
The collection contains chiefly letters written by William Webb Price to his family while serving with Friends War Victims Relief Committee in France during and shortly after World War I; together with reports, financial papers, memorabilia, and printed material relating to Quaker reconstruction activities in France.
The collection is divided into six series:
- Business papers
- Pictorial material
- Reference material
Donor: Margaret Price, 1970
The collection was given by Margaret Price, sister of William Webb Price.
Processed by FHL staff, 1971
- International relief -- France
- Quakers -- France
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania
- Quakers -- Societies, etc
- Reconstruction (1914–1939) -- France
- War relief -- Societies, etc
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Civilian relief -- France
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Society of Friends
- Society of Friends -- France
- Society of Friends -- Societies, etc
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
- Finding Aid Author
- FHL staff
- Finding Aid Date
- Encoding made possible by a grant by the Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation to the Philadelphia Consortium of Special Collections Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Use Restrictions
Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce items in this collection beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder or their heirs/assigns. See http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC-RUU/1.0/.
Sent while he was working in France with the Mission de la Société des Amis (Friends War Victims Relief Committee).