Livezey Family Papers
Held at: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania 19081
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Livezey family members were Quakers and residents of New Jersey.
The collection contains correspondence, biographical data, genealogical chart, marriage certificates, memorials, piece books, and printed material of the Livezey and Underwood families.
The collection is divided into four series:
- Biographical and genealogical
- Correspondence, 1829-1844
- Quaker reference material.
Donor: Joseph M. Livezey, 1967
Sorted, arranged, and placed in document box in RG 5. Oversize marriage certificates placed in chart case.
The following material, originally part of the collection, has been removed and recatalogued:
- Certificate of removal for Joseph B. Livezey, a minor, from Gwynedd M.M. to Woodbury MM, 11mo 2, 1850. Placed in Meeting Papers, Misc., Certificates of Removal
- Ms. copy of minute from Woodbury Monthly Meeting to Salem Quarterly, recommending William Haines for the Ministry, 1860, transferred to Woodbury Monthly Meeting records
- Ms. copy, from Woodbury Monthly Meeting to Salem Quarterly, recommending David I. Griscom for the Ministry, 1859, transferred to Woodbury Monthly Meeting Records
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
- Finding Aid Author
- FHL staff
- Finding Aid Date
- Encoding made possible by a grant by the Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation to the Philadelphia Consortium of Special Collections Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Use Restrictions
Friends Historical Library believes all of the items in this collection to be in the Public Domain in the United States, and is not aware of any restrictions on their use. However, the user is responsible for making a final determination of copyright status before reproducing. See http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/.
Gift from Phebe John to her niece, Eliza John, 1840.
Gift from William Haines to William H. Livezey.
Paper, "Are there non-essentials in Quakerism," n.d.