Held at: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania 19081
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Lavinia Lloyd Knight (1816-1863) was a Quaker, of Wilmington, Delaware.
The collection contains correspondence with Knight's sister, Elizabeth Knorr Knight (1814-1841), lesson book and journal kept as student (1830-1832) of Eli Hilles (1783-1863), essays, poems, biographical material, and other papers.
- Albums of Lavinia Lloyd Knight
- Miscellaneous papers
Donor: Laura Pedrick Cheney, 1944
The collection was given by a descendant.
- Students -- Delaware
- Education -- Delaware
- Quakers -- Delaware
- Quakers -- 19th century -- Diaries
- Quakers -- Social life and customs
- Quaker women -- Delaware
- Education -- Delaware -- Wilmington
- Wilmington (Del.) -- History -- Sources
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
- Encoding made possible by a grant by the Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation to the Philadelphia Consortium of Special Collections Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Use Restrictions
Friends Historical Library believes all of the items in this collection to be in the Public Domain in the United States, and is not aware of any restrictions on their use. However, the user is responsible for making a final determination of copyright status before reproducing. See http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/.
Attached: List of the pupils of Eli Hilles & Mary Robinson from April 1830 to April 1832.