Held at: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania 19081
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Trenton Friends Association was formed in 1892 in Trenton, New Jersey. to promote "a thorough knowledge of the history and testimonies of the Society of Friends." Meetings were held monthly, except in the summer, in the Trenton Friends meeting house. Papers were presented on a variety of topics.
The collection contains minutes, constitution and bylaws, and manuscripts of papers read at meetings of the Trenton Friends Association (Trenton, New Jersey)
The collection has been divided into four series:
- Constitution and Minutes
- Reviews of yearly work of the Trenton Friends Association, 1893, 1894, 1896
- Manuscripts of papers read at the meetings of the Trenton Friends Assoc.
- Reference Material
Donor: American Friends Service Committee, 1950
Donor: Trenton Monthly Meeting, 1996
Additional manuscripts transferred from Young Friends Association (West Chester, Pa) in 1997.
Additional manuscripts transferred from Young Friends Association (West Chester, Pa.) in 1997.
- Quakers -- Societies, etc
- Literature -- Societies, etc
- Quakers -- Social life and customs
- Quakers -- New Jersey -- Mercer County
- Society of Friends -- History -- Societies, etc
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines -- History
- Society of Friends -- History
- Societies -- New Jersey -- Trenton
- Quakers -- New Jersey -- Trenton
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey -- Trenton
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
- Finding Aid Author
- FHL staff
- Finding Aid Date
- Encoding made possible by a grant by the Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation to the Philadelphia Consortium of Special Collections Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Use Restrictions
Some of the items in this collection may be protected by copyright. The user is solely responsible for making a final determination of copyright status. If copyright protection applies, permission must be obtained from the copyright holder or their heirs/assigns to reuse, publish, or reproduce relevant items beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to the law. See http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/UND/1.0/.
Arranged alphabetically by title or key word in subject.