Friends Historical Association
Held at: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania 19081
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Friends Historical Association is an organization that promotes research and publication on topics in Quaker history. Membership and editorial offices are located at Swarthmore and Haverford Colleges. Minutes of the organization after 1964 are at Haverford College.
The collection contains the files of the Editors and Chairs of the Friends Historical Association, 1942-1972, and of its Treasurers to 2001.
The collection is organized into 4 series. The series are:
For current information on the location of materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Gift of E. Virginia Walker, 1948
Minutes of Friends Historical Commission gift of Eleanore Price Mather, 1972
Correspondence of Friends Historical Commission gift of George Vaux, 2/1/1973
- American periodicals -- Pennsylvania
- Quaker church buildings -- Pennsylvania
- Historic buildings -- Pennsylvania
- Quakers -- History -- Periodicals
- Quakers -- History -- Societies, etc
- Schools -- Pennsylvania
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania
- Historic buildings -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania -- Haverford
- Societies -- Pennsylvania -- Haverford
- Society of Friends -- History -- Periodicals
- Society of Friends -- History -- Societies, etc
- Historic sites -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania
- Societies -- Pennsylvania
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
- Finding Aid Author
- FHL staff
- Finding Aid Date
- Encoding made possible by a grant by the Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation to the Philadelphia Consortium of Special Collections Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Use Restrictions
Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce items in this collection beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder or their heirs/assigns. See http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC-RUU/1.0/.
This series consists of the correspondence of the Chairman of the Entertainment Committee, E. Virginia Walker, during her term of office. It deals mainly with arrangements for speakers, etc.Physical Description
Treasurers' records maintained by Mary Ellen Chijioke and her predecessor, Albert W. Fowler.Physical Description
This series consists of printed and mimeographed announcements of the Association, giving information as to the nature of the programs sheduledPhysical Description