Held at: University of Pennsylvania: Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts [Contact Us]3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6206
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the University of Pennsylvania: Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Morris M. Wexler, was born in Philadelphia. He was a Philadelphia attorney and philanthropist. He specialized in bankruptcy and commercial law. Wexler graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 1924 earned his law degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1927.
Five documents consisting of land deeds related to two locations in Philadelphia. Three of the deeds regard three lots and structures on Spruce Street between 13th and Broad Streets, purchased by the Reverend William P. Hinds in 1851 and 1852 and sold by Reese D. Fell, Hartman Kuhn, and George F. Lehman. The remaining two deeds relate to a lot and premises located to the northwest of the intersection of Walnut and 42nd Streets, purchased by Margaret Frazier in 1885 from Annie C. Barnes and sold by Frazier in 1887 to William H. Castle.
Gift of William M. Wexler.
- Frazier, Margaret
- Barnes, Annie C.
- Hinds, Willliam P. (William Prescod)
- Wexler, Morris M. (Morris Martin)
- Castle, William H.
- Lehman, George F.
- Kuhn, Hartmann
- Fell, Reese D.
- University of Pennsylvania: Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
- Finding Aid Author
- Donna Brandolisio
- Finding Aid Date
- April 2020
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.
- Use Restrictions
Copyright restrictions may exist. For most library holdings, the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania do not hold copyright. It is the responsibility of the requester to seek permission from the holder of the copyright to reproduce material from the Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts.