St. Joseph Hospital School of Nursing (Lancaster, Pa.) records
Held at: University of Pennsylvania: Barbara Bates Center for the Study of The History of Nursing [Contact Us]Claire Fagin Hall, 418 Curie Boulevard, Floor 2U, Philadelphia, PA, 19104-4217
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the University of Pennsylvania: Barbara Bates Center for the Study of The History of Nursing. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
St. Joseph Hospital, Lancaster, PA was established in 1883 by the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia. Around 1900 the hospital added a new surgical wing and a Training School for Nurses. St. Joseph grew during the 20th century, becoming Lancaster Regional Medical Center in 2000.
This collection contains administrative files, nursing class files, and student transcripts. Administrative files include nursing surveys and studies, faculty organization minutes, and correspondence. The nursing course files include student organization and curriculum committee minutes, handbooks, and class information. The bulk of the materials are from the 1960s-1990s.
For information regarding transcripts please visit: http://www.nursing.upenn.edu/history/center-services/student-transcripts/
Gift of Carolyn Voorhees, 1996.
- University of Pennsylvania: Barbara Bates Center for the Study of The History of Nursing
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Center staff, updated by Bethany Myers
- Access Restrictions
Student transcripts are restricted.
- Use Restrictions
Copyright restrictions may apply. Please contact the Center with requests for copying and for authorization to publish, quote or reproduce the material.