MacCallum Stores Photograph Collection
Held at: University of Pennsylvania: University Archives and Records Center [Contact Us]3401 Market Street, Suite 210, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the University of Pennsylvania: University Archives and Records Center. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
In 1937 MacCallum Photographers, a Philadelphia based photography firm, operated out of 1600 Sansom Street. In 1939 they moved to the Times Building located at 110 South Sixteenth Street. By 1944 they opened a branch office in Ardmore, Pa. and formally changed their name to MacCallum Stores.
This collection of negatives and photographic prints depicts general campus scenes from 1934 to 1944. The images are largely related to traditional events such as football games, cane day, alumni weekend, and graduation.
- University of Pennsylvania: University Archives and Records Center